Photography & Video
A picture is worth a thousand words. We all know this. We also know and understand that finding the right photography or video to meet your needs can be a challenge. We’re here to help you meet that challenge head on and win.
Available Photography & Video
PR and Marketing Communications offers custom photography for all Georgia State University departments. Photography, including events, requires a Request a Photographer form:
Our staff photographers shoot assignments that fulfill our strategic goals for the university. Here are some examples:
- Stock Photography
- University Publications
- University Websites
- Social Media Needs
- Major University Events
- Environmental Headshots
- Major Lectures
- Studio Headshots http://commkit.gsu.edu/request-a-studio-portrait/
After you fill out a Request a Photographer form, a member from our staff will review the request and call or email to discuss options.
Approved Freelance Photographers:
If we are unavailable for your request, we have a list of approved freelance photographers who are experienced with working at the university to assist you. There is a 2-hour minimum and $150 per hour fee the photographers will bill your department directly.
Steps to Request Photography Services:
Here are the steps to organizing a photo assignment:
- You must fill out a form http://commkit.gsu.edu/tools/photography-video/request-a-photographer/
- You will receive a confirmation email with the request.
- Someone from the photo staff will contact you for details and decide if we are able to shoot the assignment or if a freelance photographer will be necessary.
- If a freelance photographer is required, our office will assist you in coordinating.
- The photographer shoots the assignment and sends you and the social media director 3-5 photos for social media shortly after assignment via our department’s Dropbox.
- The photographer sends you the rest of the digital images no later than 2 days after the assignment via our department’s Dropbox.
- The freelancer will bill your department directly, no later than 5 days after the assignment.
PR and Marketing Communications offers professional studio headshots for staff and faculty at our studio at Centennial Hall, 100 Auburn, 4th floor. These portraits are for those who need a headshot for Web, publications and/or promotional purposes.
Please fill out this form to pick a date and time:
Instructional Innovation & Technology offers custom video filming and editing for a variety of purposes ranging from events to training. If you are in need of these services, all you have to do is request them through the Request Video form.
To use any photography or video taken on campus, you will need to have a release from the people who participated in the photo shoot or video. More information about releases can be found in our GUIDES. You can find the standard release form here for guest speakers.
Requesting Custom Photography or Video
Need to know what to expect at your portrait shoot?
Check out our portrait preparation GUIDE.
Photo and Video Editing Training
Want to learn how to edit photos and video on your own? Great! The Exchange is the place for you. They offer classes in Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. Please note however, Photoshop still cannot cure baldness.
All video request should be directed to Mat Munson at the Center for Instructional Innovation at 404-413-4707 or firstname.lastname@example.org.