Georgia State University is nationally recognized for programs and initiatives that help students from all socioeconomic backgrounds earn degrees. Its seven campuses in Atlanta, the cultural and economic center of the Southeast, provide faculty and more than 53,000 students with unsurpassed access to opportunities in one of the nation’s great global cities.
Academics and Rankings
The largest university in the state and one of the largest in the nation, Georgia State offers a challenging academic environment that emphasizes research and practical experience across the curriculum.
Its Atlanta Campus offers more than 250 degree programs in 100 fields of study at the bachelor’s, master’s, specialist and doctoral levels. Operating at five campuses throughout metro Atlanta, the university’s Perimeter College provides more than 30 associate degree pathways to more freshmen than any other college or university in Georgia.
Georgia State’s dedication to student success has drawn national accolades.
- No. 2 most innovative university in the U.S.†
- No. 2 best undergraduate teaching in the U.S.†
- No. 1 best value law school‡
- No. 1 public or nonprofit university in the U.S. to confer undergraduate degrees to African-Americans*
- No. 1 public or nonprofit university in Georgia to confer undergraduate and graduate degrees to AfricanAmericans, Asians and Latinos*
† U.S. News & World Report (2019)
‡ National Jurist (2018)
* Diverse: Issues in Higher Education (2018)
Download our Quick Fact Flyer for additional information. If you have questions, contact Andrea Jones at 404-413-1351.