Visual Identity Policies
The following policies are intended to provide guidelines for and manage the use of the Georgia State identity program. This program consists of the:
- university logo (logotype plus flame graphic);
- the university seal;
- flame graphic (alone);
- the Athletics logos including the mascot Pounce; and
- the colors and typography as they pertain to business cards, stationery, websites and other university publications.
- Georgia State publications will display an approved university logo.
- Georgia State websites will display an approved university logo.
- The logos may not be altered in any way, and the colors may not be changed.
- Respect the space around the logo, making sure it is visible in the design.
- Questions about internal and external design and production using the Georgia State logo, flame graphic and seal should be directed to Public Relations and Marketing Communications.
Commercial Use of Logos
- Affinity Licensing is the official agency that licenses Georgia State logos and trademarks for use and sale.
- Any item being produced that uses a university trademark, including university and Athletics marks, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, must be purchased through an officially licensed vendor.
- External commercial use (items for resale) of the approved Athletics logos will be managed by Athletics.
- External commercial use (items for resale) of the approved university logos and marks will be managed by Public Relations and Marketing Communications.
- Georgia State business cards, stationery and envelopes must use the approved university templates designed by Public Relations and Marketing Communications. This is to ensure that the branded image of Georgia State will be presented in a consistent manner.
- Business cards, stationery and envelopes must be ordered online through PawPrints, Georgia State’s official print shop, pawprints.gsu.edu.
- The Athletics logos, including the mascot Pounce, are available for reproduction to promote school spirit with approval from the Department of Athletics and/or Public Relations and Marketing Communications.
- The athletic logos and Pounce are trademarked and copyrighted images that must be displayed in the official colors of blue (PMS 286), red (PMS 186), white and black and may not be altered in any manner.
- Use of the approved Georgia State seal will be limited to official material such as diplomas, diploma frames, class rings, certificates, invitations to official university functions and ceremonial banners and flags. Use will be approved by Public Relations and Marketing Communications.
- The official Georgia State colors are blue (PMS 286) and white. Accents are gray (PMS 404) and red (PMS 186).
- The university logo, flame graphic or athletic logos may never be reproduced in red.