Find a university communicator to help you tell your story.
- Peer institutions
- Members of the Legislature
- Community contacts
- Social media followers
- Prospective students and parents
Georgia State contacts
- Alumni and donors
- Faculty and staff
- Students and parents
Refine your message to reach important audiences and break through the noise. What are the best methods and times to communicate to your audiences? Depending on your audiences and communication methods, you may have to modify your message. For example:
- Messages to internal staff vs. donors would likely have different triggers.
- Messages to students might be most effective via social media or video.
Prepare a plan and schedule of events from concept to build and test through delivery and measurement. Make sure everything is tested and reviewed for style, accuracy, presentation on different devices and media, and timing. Think about what should come first. For example:
- Will print be mailed before social and email?
- What distribution lists will you use?
- Will social posts an/or email be used to drive visitors to information?
- Will information be released around specific trigger events?
How will you know if you achieved your objectives with each audience? You'll need to track the following:
- Landing page interactions and events
- Social media Interactions
- Email open rates by audience